Tuesday 2 October 2012

For Love and Fiber


Ah.... It's always nice to get back home from a holiday, but our little visit to the Brecon Beacons in Wales this weekend was just way too short. Olly and I tackled a 9 mile ridge walk along the peaks of Pen Y Fan (the highest point in South Wales) and several other mountains on Saturday afternoon. Unusually and fortunately, the sun shone all day.

We treated ourselves to an absolutely beautiful B&B called Whitehall, located just outside Crickhowell. I would highly recommend this fledgling business if you're in the area. Sue and Glyn only opened their doors in August, and they are magnificent hosts. Their Grade II listed Georgian house is elegant, casual, and perfectly appointed.

On Sunday we braved the more Autumnal elements to visit Raglan Castle on our way home, and boy was I grateful for my cosy upcycled aran cardigan! As brief as it was, the weekend was a perfect way to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

Featured above is my little gift from Olly, which he brought back to me from a recent trip to Barnsley for a festival gig with his band. He felt bad for travelling on our actual anniversary weekend, and I benefited with this sweet gift of fleece from the Wingham Wool Work, a bottle of Mitchell's luxury hand soap, a wooden drop spindle, and The Wheel magazine. He knows I'm a sucker for nice hand soap. I'm always trying to slip the fancy stuff in our shopping cart!

I can't think of a more romantic souvenir if work must take my husband away, and now I can't wait to watch the spindling class I paid for on Craftsy several weeks ago. Tune in to the blog again this week to see my gift to Olly!

No comments:

Post a Comment