Wednesday 13 June 2012

Walk on the Fosse Way

The rain finally let up! The sun finally came out from behind the clouds! It finally felt like summer again this weekend! And in celebration, Olly and I went on epic walk in the Mendips. Starting in the old market town of Shepton Mallet, we hiked along an ancient Roman fosse way up a hill and down again. And across a few too many grassy fields for my liking. I'm talking tall grass - like waist high! I made the mistake of wearing my favorite Hunter wellies because they absolutely killed my feet and rubbed on my ankles. But it had been raining and I knew to expect mud on hiking trails, and I felt sorry for the poor wellies that won't get worn at Glastonbury festival this year. Below are some highlights from the outing. Tune in all this week for features about Somerset -- a history of the wool trade//music festivals//big name brands in small towns.

watch out!

a happy hiker

view of the tor

reward for a job well done

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment